Training on Basics of Conducting Research in Social Sciences: Theory and Practice
Call for applications
Basics of Conducting Research in Social Sciences: Theory and Practice
Dates: 24 – 28 April 2017
Application deadline: 20 April 2017
Language of training: English
Venue: International Alatoo University, A block, 309-seminar hall
Trainers: Dr. Aijarkyn Kojobekova, Dr. Ailuna Shamurzaeva, Dr.Ibrahim Koncak, Dr.Nuria Kutnaeva, Dr. Ruslan Jalil
One of the main priorities of the “Silk Road” Research Center (SRRC) is the contribution to training and advancement of young researchers of Kyrgyzstan’s scientific community. With this purpose in mind, we are pleased to announce that SRRC organizes a five-day training seminar titled “Basics of conducting research in social sciences: theory and practice”. Students, young and novice researchers from universities or other research institutions in Kyrgyzstan who are engaged in social sciences are welcome to take part in this event.
This training program will provide an opportunity for participants to explore some of the critical issues in research methodology including research question formulation, research problem development, defining objectives, hypotheses development, literature review, construction of theoretical framework, and research methods selection.
• Strengthening the research skills of young researchers
• Introduction to various methodological approaches and their usages
• Forming an academic platform for young researchers for creation of a scholarly network in Kyrgyzstan
• Graduate students or students in final year of undergraduate study in social science disciplines
• Age limit up to 35 years
• At least INTERMEDIATE LEVEL of English language
Training Participation Fee: 1000 som
• What will you get?
• Certificate of attendance
• Resource material and slides
• Opportunity to network with other researchers and scholars
• Tea/ refreshments
To apply, please send the following documents
•A curriculum vitae (in English)
• A letter of motivation up to 300 words including short description of planned or ongoing research project, thesis or paper (in English)
• Payment receipt (must be taken from Bermet Sagynalieva IAAU A block 110)
by e-mail NO LATER than 20 April, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Basics of conducting research in social sciences: theory and practice” in the subject line.